- Attention Artists: 2015 Hudgens Prize Competition About to Open
- Studio Visit: S. Patricia Patterson
- The High Receives $2.5 Million For Folk Art
- The Inaugural Florida Prize in Contemporary Art, in Orlando
- Is Feminism a Dirty Word in Art?
- Hot Off the Press! BURNAWAY #2
- Art as Books, Books as Art
- Mason Murer Is Moving, Promises Better Parking
- “Art Is A Context Sport”: Q&A with Pastiche Lumumba
- “Second Life” and the Taxidermic Gaze, in Louisville
All posts tagged "post-colonial"
Figures in a global culture: Modern Indian art at Oglethorpe University
Twentieth-century Indian art is inevitably viewed in the framework of North American/European art history. While the four millennia of Indian art stand to speak volumes on the work of any Indian artist, the more immediate effect of...
- Posted April 1, 2011
Archetype Gallery begins 2011 with fresh artists, new arts magazine
After seeing many of Castleberry Hill’s galleries close between 2008 and 2009 due to the hard hits of this century’s first great economic recession, I couldn’t help but wonder how this will affect other small, unknown galleries...
- Posted January 18, 2011