- Traces of the Past: The Atlanta Negro Building and the Origins of the Harlem Renaissance
- In the Know: What to Expect From Artist Residencies
- Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
All posts tagged "post-colonial"
Figures in a global culture: Modern Indian art at Oglethorpe University
Twentieth-century Indian art is inevitably viewed in the framework of North American/European art history. While the four millennia of Indian art stand to speak volumes on the work of any Indian artist, the more immediate effect of...
- Posted April 1, 2011
Archetype Gallery begins 2011 with fresh artists, new arts magazine
After seeing many of Castleberry Hill’s galleries close between 2008 and 2009 due to the hard hits of this century’s first great economic recession, I couldn’t help but wonder how this will affect other small, unknown galleries...
- Posted January 18, 2011