- Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
- Blake Beckham of the Lucky Penny Premieres Dearly Departures
- Flux Night Scores with Nato Thompson
- From the Editor’s Desk: On Conflicts of Interest and Glass Houses
- WonderRoot CSAs Grow Atlanta Art
- Adrienne Outlaw’s Sweet Demise
- Pre-Pong to Halo: New Film Traces the History of Video Games
- Bernd Oppl’s Surreal Interiors Come Alive, in Athens
- Q&A with South African Artist Sam Nhlengethwa
- 2014-15 Working Artist Fellows Announced at MOCA GA
All posts tagged "pop culture crossover"
What Stops Tattoo Art from Becoming More than Just a Craft?
Ask any tattooed person the meaning behind their piece, and you’ll get a myriad of answers, ranging from long-winded explications to half-hearted shrugs. This spectrum of voices muddies any discussion about the artistic merit of tattooing—a discussion...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Mall Alternatives Aren’t Just for Black Friday
A fascination with paradox explains, at least in part, my fondness for the horror genre—”ecstatic with fright” is one of my favorite emotional states. Throw the living dead into the mix and add some art, and I...
- Posted November 26, 2008