- Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
- Q&A: John Q on Creating a Future History
- Art Papers Goes 3-D in Gallery Exhibition
All posts tagged "pop culture crossover"
What Stops Tattoo Art from Becoming More than Just a Craft?
Ask any tattooed person the meaning behind their piece, and you’ll get a myriad of answers, ranging from long-winded explications to half-hearted shrugs. This spectrum of voices muddies any discussion about the artistic merit of tattooing—a discussion...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Mall Alternatives Aren’t Just for Black Friday
A fascination with paradox explains, at least in part, my fondness for the horror genre—”ecstatic with fright” is one of my favorite emotional states. Throw the living dead into the mix and add some art, and I...
- Posted November 26, 2008