- “Zones of Contention: After the Green Line,” at the Weatherspoon
- Printmakers Convene in Knoxville, Make Plans for ATL in 2017
- BURNING QUESTIONS: How Do I Price My Work?
- Permanent Residents at the Asheville Art Museum
- Michael Rooks To Receive the Nexus Award
- Hagedorn Foundation Gallery Has (Not) Closed
- Q&A: Catching up with Maggie Ginestra
- 200 Words: John Harlan Norris at Historic Arkansas Museum, Little Rock
- Q&A: Jane Garver On Her Upcoming “Process Residency”
- Transcending Signifiers in “Identified: A Queer Variety Show”
All posts tagged "pop culture crossover"
What Stops Tattoo Art from Becoming More than Just a Craft?
Ask any tattooed person the meaning behind their piece, and you’ll get a myriad of answers, ranging from long-winded explications to half-hearted shrugs. This spectrum of voices muddies any discussion about the artistic merit of tattooing—a discussion...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Mall Alternatives Aren’t Just for Black Friday
A fascination with paradox explains, at least in part, my fondness for the horror genre—”ecstatic with fright” is one of my favorite emotional states. Throw the living dead into the mix and add some art, and I...
- Posted November 26, 2008