- Alex Katz Boosts the High’s Painting Collection
- Michael Shapiro to Leave High’s Top Post Next Summer
- Bojana Ginn: Recoding the Digital
- IN PRINT: Helping You, Helping Me—Artist Assistants
- Collecting: Keeping It Close to Home—Larry Shapin and Ladonna Nicolas
- Atlanta Artists Help Make Art From Trash, in St. Petersburg
- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
All posts tagged "pop culture crossover"
What Stops Tattoo Art from Becoming More than Just a Craft?
Ask any tattooed person the meaning behind their piece, and you’ll get a myriad of answers, ranging from long-winded explications to half-hearted shrugs. This spectrum of voices muddies any discussion about the artistic merit of tattooing—a discussion...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Mall Alternatives Aren’t Just for Black Friday
A fascination with paradox explains, at least in part, my fondness for the horror genre—”ecstatic with fright” is one of my favorite emotional states. Throw the living dead into the mix and add some art, and I...
- Posted November 26, 2008