- Studio Visit: Craig Dongoski
- In 200 Words: Barbara Campbell Thomas at Schulman Project
- Julie Mehretu: The Contemporary Sublime
- BURNAWAY Receives NEA Grant!
- Artadia Awards to Atlanta Artists
- Studio Visit: Ben Steele
- Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
- Design Underdogs Celebrated at MODA
- Forward Arts’ Emerging Artist Award Goes To Amandine Drouet
- Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
All posts tagged "pop culture crossover"
What Stops Tattoo Art from Becoming More than Just a Craft?
Ask any tattooed person the meaning behind their piece, and you’ll get a myriad of answers, ranging from long-winded explications to half-hearted shrugs. This spectrum of voices muddies any discussion about the artistic merit of tattooing—a discussion...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Mall Alternatives Aren’t Just for Black Friday
A fascination with paradox explains, at least in part, my fondness for the horror genre—”ecstatic with fright” is one of my favorite emotional states. Throw the living dead into the mix and add some art, and I...
- Posted November 26, 2008