- Traces of the Past: The Atlanta Negro Building and the Origins of the Harlem Renaissance
- In the Know: What to Expect From Artist Residencies
- Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
All posts tagged "O Say Can You See"
Laura Poitras’s O’ Say Can You See: A Meditation on Mediation?
Is it possible to present the torture of another human being in a manner that doesn’t reduce that person to a spectacle, as just one more image in a sea of images? The problem with films in...
- Posted December 6, 2010
ARTSpeak: Episode 7, O’ Say Can You See? by Laura Poitras
Click here to download the audio file. Episode 7: Jeremy Abernathy speaks with researcher Paul Boshears about the work of filmmaker Laura Poitras on display at The Atlanta Contemporary Art Center through December 12.
- Posted November 2, 2010