- Talking Heads: Megan Mosholder & Jason Peters
- In 200 Words: New Book Surveys the Rock Album Art of Hipgnosis
- “Fractured Narratives” Engages at the Cornell Museum in Florida
- Help Us End 2014 with a Bang!
- NEA Grants: Your Tax Dollars at Work
- Jaume Plensa and the Mutable Site-Specific
- Studio Visit: Ashley Anderson
- Craig Drennen Receives Art Matters Grant
- Art Gifts for the Holidays!
- The Waiting Game: Greg Pond at Seed Space in Nashville
All posts tagged "lectures"
Interview: Folkert de Jong, an artist of spirit and Styrofoam
Folkert de Jong is a kind of modern-day Dutch master: His sculptures convert base materials into physically and philosophically complex work that is true to that legacy in both letter and spirit. Steeped in the rich history,...
- Posted April 17, 2011
Harry Shearer speaks on Silent Echo Chamber Friday at the High
The final event listed for this year’s Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP) festival presents another brush with celebrity, an artist lecture at the High Museum by the multitalented Harry Shearer, the actor and satirist most widely known as...
- Posted November 16, 2009
To Do List
Don’t worry. If you’re not interested in seeing more photography, there’s still plenty of artwork in other media on view this weekend. (Take for instance the Leonardo da Vinci exhibit.) But if you are one of those...
- Posted October 16, 2009
To Do List
Look out for another packed weekend for visual arts around the city. Here’s a preview of what’s coming.
- Posted March 6, 2009
Joan Fontcuberta, Author of Ficciones*
When I arrived at last week’s Art Papers lecture at Emory, I didn’t realize I was already familiar with the work of photographer Joan Fontcuberta. He spoke of his career as an art world jester who—without informing...
- Posted October 24, 2008
How I Write: Umberto Eco’s Image Puzzle
During his lecture, “How I Write,” at Emory University on October 5th, renowned scholar and author Umberto Eco explained that he begins his novel-writing process with two mental images—one for the story’s beginning, the other for the...
- Posted October 13, 2008