- Mike Brodie’s Photos Capture People, Places and Time on the Move
- GYRE Exhibition and Symposium Address Ocean Plastic Pollution
- The High Hires Curator of Folk & Self-Taught Art
- Traces of the Past: The Cascade Heights Comeback
- 2015 Hudgens Prize Finalists Announced
- Visiting with Stacy Lynn Waddell at Elsewhere in Greensboro
- AUDIO: Beth Malone, Cofounder of Dashboard Co-op
- BURNING QUESTIONS: Hanging with Binder Clips, Okay or Not?
- Newly Independent, ATL Jewish Film Festival Runs Jan. 28-Feb. 19
- Prospect.4 to be Organized by Curator from Nasher at Duke
All posts tagged "Larry Walker"
Our Front Porch: Top Five Favorite Fairy Tales and Mythic Creatures
The idea for BURNAWAY originated from a front-porch conversation about the need for more dialogue about local art. This week’s edition of Our Front Porch is a themed list by local artist Yanique Norman, describing some mythological...
- Posted November 8, 2011
Artadia Provides Cash and Connects Artists Outside Atlanta
Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue seeks to help local artists and vibrant art communities across the country by providing unrestricted cash awards and community support. Artadia expanded its outreach to include Atlanta in 2009 and...
- Posted August 19, 2011
National Black Arts Festival Fosters Reflection on Atlanta’s Future
When I moved to Atlanta from North Carolina in 2006, I was more excited about getting to know a city that gave birth to OutKast and Goodie Mob than studying for my MFA in photography, the reason...
- Posted July 14, 2011
Photo Tour: Mason Murer’s November shows
Faith Ploener sends these photos from Friday night’s multi-part opening at Mason Murer featuring new work by Atlanta’s Lucinda Bunnen and Larry Walker, a juried show by the National Collage Society, and black and white photography in...
- Posted November 10, 2009
Preview of Mason Murer’s openings this Friday
Mason Murer Fine Art unveils new work by local artists Friday night. The highlights include a juried exhibition from the National Collage Society, photography by Lucinda Bunnen, and new mixed-media work by Larry Walker.
- Posted November 4, 2009
To Do List
A bit of daytime fun on the Westside and some North Korean rarities are sure to spruce up anyone’s mid-summer weekend. I sure wouldn’t miss it if I were you, so get on, up and out!
- Posted July 17, 2009