- The High Receives $2.5 Million For Folk Art
- The Inaugural Florida Prize in Contemporary Art, in Orlando
- Is Feminism a Dirty Word in Art?
- Hot Off the Press! BURNAWAY #2
- Art as Books, Books as Art
- Mason Murer Is Moving, Promises Better Parking
- “Art Is A Context Sport”: Q&A with Pastiche Lumumba
- “Second Life” and the Taxidermic Gaze, in Louisville
- Traces of the Past: Segregation at the Fox Theatre
- Identity Concealed in Paint: Carrie Moyer at SCAD Museum
All posts tagged "john q"
Preview: John Q Presents The Campaign For Atlanta, at Historic Cyclorama
This Friday and Saturday only! Tickets available at the door.
- Posted May 15, 2013
Pacific Standard Time: Could Atlanta Adapt Los Angeles’s Model?
On a recent trip to Los Angeles, I was able to see some of Pacific Standard Time: Art in L.A. 1945-1980, a cross-institutional series of exhibitions celebrating the history of contemporary art in L.A. The brainchild of...
- Posted December 13, 2011
Grad School Confidential: How to Choose the Right Degree?
Not sure if admissions counselors are telling you the whole story? Here’s some advice from someone who’s been there. Although these tips focus on the arts, they speak to students in almost every field applying to programs...
- Posted November 3, 2011
Burning News: Artadia Gives $45,000 to Atlanta Artists!
Just minutes ago, Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue announced $45,000 in grants including $15,000 awards to emerging artist Jason Kofke and local veteran Rocio Rodriguez, as well as five other winners listed below!
- Posted November 2, 2011
Our Favorite Things: Best of Atlanta art events of 2010
Atlanta’s sprawling geography can be a double-edged sword: Navigating from point A to point B is an often-frustrating chore, but at least there are some nice visual distractions along the way. Our city has more greenery than...
- Posted December 24, 2010
To Do List
See below for visual arts events beginning Thursday, April 1.
- Posted April 1, 2010