- Art Crush Is Sold Out, But You Can Still Be A Winner!
- Caomin Xie Maps the Cosmos, in Savannah
- IN PRINT—Relocation: Wassan Al-Khudhairi
- Linear Abstraction for the 21st Century, at SCAD Savannah
- Nashville’s Cumberland Gallery Opens CG2 in Wedgewood-Houston
- BURNING QUESTIONS: What Makes a Good CV?
- HLN Commissions Data-driven Artworks for CNN Center
- The Material Distillation of Dreams: Maren Hassinger at Spelman MFA
- Online Bidding for Art Crush is Open!
- Achromatism and Dichotomies, in Jacksonville
All posts tagged "Helen Hale"
Helen Hale Talks With Deidra Tyree Smith About Sanity Ceremonies
Helen Hale is a dancer and choreographer who recently received an Idea Capital grant to aid the development of her original one-woman dance theater production Sanity Ceremonies.
- Posted November 6, 2013
Converging Forces: Idea Capital Artists on Creation and Orientation
Sarah Levine speaks to Idea Capital grantees Sheila Pree Bright, Helen Hale, and the collaborative team of Marcia Vaitsman and Seana Reilly.
- Posted March 15, 2013
Our Favorite Things: Remembering Atlanta Arts 2011
Our top favorite arts events of 2011! We're mixing up the format and publishing in January rather than December. Surprise!
- Posted January 18, 2012
On Beasts and Dancers: Atlanta Artists Bring Identity into the Mix
A dancer is not a racehorse, but the two career paths can have discomforting parallels. After many hours, months, and years spent in strenuous training, both perform for relatively brief periods in the light of public admiration....
- Posted December 14, 2011
Photos from Dashboard Co-op’s Anti-Manners on the BeltLine
Dashboard Co-op’s Anti-Manners, a dance-infused performance and feast on the BeltLine behind Piedmont Park last week, featured 30 or so participants singing, laughing, dancing, and throwing cornbread at one another. Aside from flying soul food, the event...
- Posted November 14, 2011
Art Crush: Helen Hale Dances Her Way Into Atlanta’s Heart
Helen Hale has an aura. She sculpts and molds it with her hands, gesturing in swirls around her. You feel privileged to be on the edge of her bubble. Constantly moving yet quietly composed, contained and...
- Posted June 24, 2011