- Alex Katz Boosts the High’s Painting Collection
- Michael Shapiro to Leave High’s Top Post Next Summer
- Bojana Ginn: Recoding the Digital
- IN PRINT: Helping You, Helping Me—Artist Assistants
- Collecting: Keeping It Close to Home—Larry Shapin and Ladonna Nicolas
- Atlanta Artists Help Make Art From Trash, in St. Petersburg
- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
All posts tagged "Frank Stella"
Fibers at Madison-Morgan, an Engaging Survey of the Medium
Many pieces at Fibers subtly display social commentary and confront personal and historical pasts.
- Posted September 18, 2012
More Than Painting: Professionals Pant at the Contemporary
“If you want to be taken seriously as an artist, you cannot avoid painting.” A statement to consider?
- Posted May 2, 2012
Red: The Myth of Rothko and of Painting at Theatrical Outfit
Theatrical Outfit performs Josh Logan's Red, a play about the life and artistic struggles of Abstract Expressionist Mark Rothko.
- Posted February 24, 2012
Ben “Bean” Worley’s SYNTHESIZ Makes It Too Easy To Get This!
After seeing Ben Worley’s (a.k.a. Bean Summer) SYNTHESIZ at Get This! Gallery, I almost decided to simply copy and paste Jerry Saltz’s entire New York Magazine article, “Generation Blank,” as a review. Within the first few seconds...
- Posted November 23, 2011