- Art & Beer: A Perfect Pairing
- Talking Heads: Megan Mosholder & Jason Peters
- In 200 Words: New Book Surveys the Rock Album Art of Hipgnosis
- “Fractured Narratives” Engages at the Cornell Museum in Florida
- Help Us End 2014 with a Bang!
- NEA Grants: Your Tax Dollars at Work
- Jaume Plensa and the Mutable Site-Specific
- Studio Visit: Ashley Anderson
- Craig Drennen Receives Art Matters Grant
- Art Gifts for the Holidays!
All posts tagged "Evan Levy"
Our Front Porch: What Happened to Political Art in Atlanta?
The idea for BURNAWAY originated from a front-porch conversation about the need for more dialogue about local art. Please welcome Louise Shaw, this month’s curator of Our Front Porch, a series of guest reviews and topics for...
- Posted November 1, 2011
Questioning the Mayor’s Gift and the Mythology of Economic Crisis
Following on the heels of a proposed cut to the arts and subsequent responses from Atlanta artists, Mayor Kasim Reed appeared at last month’s Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund luncheon with a seemingly grand and heroic announcement. Gathered...
- Posted June 15, 2011
Flux Projects and Rise Up Atlanta restore life to art in Freedom Park
It was a bright Saturday afternoon in Freedom Park when I met Charlie Brouwer standing before his completed sculpture, Rise Up Atlanta, a 45-foot-tall pyramid-like tower comprising 188 ladders on loan from neighbors and local businesses. Sparkling...
- Posted May 11, 2011
Challenging the future: Interview with Louis Corrigan
Please welcome today’s guest contributor, Evan Levy, an artist, organizer, and activist who has served as director of Art in Freedom Park, president and editorial adviser to ART PAPERS magazine, and coordinator of the City of Atlanta’s...
- Posted January 26, 2011
Preview: Skies Over Atlanta this Saturday-Sunday at 850 Euclid
I was driving through Inman Park with my roommate last month when we passed by an abandoned church at 850 Euclid Avenue. The structure has a lazy, melancholy vibe about it, as if it hasn’t decided whether...
- Posted April 20, 2010