- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
- Paint, Process & Poetry: Mary Addison Hackett at David Lusk in Nashville
- New Curator for New Orleans CAC
- Countdown to Prospect.3 in New Orleans
- Two Nonprofit Galleries Publish for Posterity
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY AT DBF / Hez Stalcup & Sean Hilton
- “Get Real” Examines Contemporary Realist Painting, at MOCA Jacksonville
All posts tagged "Dawoud Bey"
Review: Dawoud Bey’s The Birmingham Project at the Birmingham Museum of Art
If the single criterion for a successful show were the quality of its images, Dawoud Bey’s The Birmingham Project would certainly fulfill that test. Bey, after numerous visits over the years to Birmingham with a desire...
- Posted September 26, 2013
Capturing Hip-hop’s Softer Side: A Conversation with Mike Schreiber
Mike Schreiber has photographed some big names in hip-hop music, but he doesn’t get caught up in the glitz and glam. His latest exhibition opens at Hagedorn Foundation Gallery on Saturday, July 9, 2011, as part of...
- Posted July 6, 2011
Dawoud Bey’s Class Pictures at Emory Visual Arts Gallery
Dawoud Bey’s traveling show Class Pictures—An Exhibition of Photography features large-scale snapshots of American high school students … and not a lot more. Sentimental and not particularly original, the photographs themselves simply brush the surface of an...
- Posted March 1, 2010