- Studio Visit: Craig Dongoski
- In 200 Words: Barbara Campbell Thomas at Schulman Project
- Julie Mehretu: The Contemporary Sublime
- BURNAWAY Receives NEA Grant!
- Artadia Awards to Atlanta Artists
- Studio Visit: Ben Steele
- Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
- Design Underdogs Celebrated at MODA
- Forward Arts’ Emerging Artist Award Goes To Amandine Drouet
- Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
All posts tagged "Catherine Fox"
Pacific Standard Time: Could Atlanta Adapt Los Angeles’s Model?
On a recent trip to Los Angeles, I was able to see some of Pacific Standard Time: Art in L.A. 1945-1980, a cross-institutional series of exhibitions celebrating the history of contemporary art in L.A. The brainchild of...
- Posted December 13, 2011
Following the Publication of Noplaceness, What Happens Next?
This month Atlanta Art Now’s highly anticipated book Noplaceness: Art in a Post-Urban Landscape was published and made available for sale. Noplaceness is the first publication in what is to be a series discussing contemporary art with...
- Posted November 29, 2011
Questioning the Mayor’s Gift and the Mythology of Economic Crisis
Following on the heels of a proposed cut to the arts and subsequent responses from Atlanta artists, Mayor Kasim Reed appeared at last month’s Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund luncheon with a seemingly grand and heroic announcement. Gathered...
- Posted June 15, 2011
Atlanta Art Now, a Possible Futures book coming in November
What will be on the cover? Will the publication repeat what we’ve already seen and heard? Will it be little more than a glossy coffee-table ornament, or will it have something truly fresh and significant to say?...
- Posted January 5, 2011
Possible Futures grants $90,000 to local Atlanta arts criticism
Dear readers, I would like to pause for a moment and reflect on everything you’ve helped us achieve over the past two years. It gives me immeasurable pleasure to announce that BURNAWAY has been awarded a $30,000...
- Posted September 14, 2010