- Permanent Residents at the Asheville Art Museum
- Michael Rooks To Receive the Nexus Award
- Hagedorn Foundation Gallery Has (Not) Closed
- Q&A: Catching up with Maggie Ginestra
- 200 Words: John Harlan Norris at Historic Arkansas Museum, Little Rock
- Q&A: Jane Garver On Her Upcoming “Process Residency”
- Transcending Signifiers in “Identified: A Queer Variety Show”
- 200 Words: Sarah Hobbs at the Carson McCullers Center in Columbus
- BURNING QUESTIONS: My Show Got Dissed!
- BURNAWAY’s Random and Biased Guide to the ATL Film Festival
All posts tagged "Barnett Newman"
More Than Painting: Professionals Pant at the Contemporary
“If you want to be taken seriously as an artist, you cannot avoid painting.” A statement to consider?
- Posted May 2, 2012
Art Vandalism, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Art Attacks
Carmen Tisch's recent urination on a Clyfford Still painting brings up questions about the history of vandalism in art.
- Posted February 2, 2012
Scott Ingram Discusses His Nail Polish Paintings
Scott Ingram’s current solo show at Emily Amy Gallery, Cusp, continues his twelve-year long series of nail polish paintings. Ingram has used the medium to take the aesthetics of mid-century painters such as Ellsworth Kelly and...
- Posted January 5, 2012
Varieties of Perpetuation at Studioplex
The “Varieties of Perpetuation” exhibition currently on display at Studioplex features artwork by 8 SCAD undergraduates that explores themes of truth in contemporary society. While this topic may seem mundane, the quality of work on display is...
- Posted March 9, 2009