- Sarah Leflar’s Dark History Paintings, at Good Weather in Little Rock
- Art & Beer: A Perfect Pairing
- Talking Heads: Megan Mosholder & Jason Peters
- In 200 Words: New Book Surveys the Rock Album Art of Hipgnosis
- “Fractured Narratives” Engages at the Cornell Museum in Florida
- Help Us End 2014 with a Bang!
- NEA Grants: Your Tax Dollars at Work
- Jaume Plensa and the Mutable Site-Specific
- Studio Visit: Ashley Anderson
- Craig Drennen Receives Art Matters Grant
All posts tagged "Barnett Newman"
More Than Painting: Professionals Pant at the Contemporary
“If you want to be taken seriously as an artist, you cannot avoid painting.” A statement to consider?
- Posted May 2, 2012
Art Vandalism, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Art Attacks
Carmen Tisch's recent urination on a Clyfford Still painting brings up questions about the history of vandalism in art.
- Posted February 2, 2012
Scott Ingram Discusses His Nail Polish Paintings
Scott Ingram’s current solo show at Emily Amy Gallery, Cusp, continues his twelve-year long series of nail polish paintings. Ingram has used the medium to take the aesthetics of mid-century painters such as Ellsworth Kelly and...
- Posted January 5, 2012
Varieties of Perpetuation at Studioplex
The “Varieties of Perpetuation” exhibition currently on display at Studioplex features artwork by 8 SCAD undergraduates that explores themes of truth in contemporary society. While this topic may seem mundane, the quality of work on display is...
- Posted March 9, 2009