- Traces of the Past: The Atlanta Negro Building and the Origins of the Harlem Renaissance
- In the Know: What to Expect From Artist Residencies
- Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
All posts tagged "Art Basel"
To Do List: Through December 9
Happy Monday and Thanksgiving! Check out the To Do List for events, openings, and fall festivals through December 9th!
- Posted November 25, 2013
The Fringe: Video Dematerializes the Art Object at Miami Art Basel
Among the endless rows of gallery cubicles that constitute Art Basel in the Miami Beach Convention Center were a few moments of reprieve. In the area titled Art Positions an undulating patch of artificial grass and palm...
- Posted December 21, 2011
Video from Miami, p. 1: Wynwood Street Art Tour with Living Walls
Click below for a BURNAWAY video produced by Sandy Hooper with interviews by Susannah Darrow and Laura Hennighausen. Special thanks to Monica Campana for giving us the tour!
- Posted December 19, 2011
Rubellian Exuberance Marks a Post-Crash Miami Art Fair
Mark Handforth’s Honda is an effigy and an accident. Mark Handforth, Honda, 2002, metal and candles, 25 3/8 x 56 1/4 x 45 1/8 inches. Courtesy the Rubell Family Collection. It’s a balmy seventy degrees at 9:30...
- Posted December 16, 2011
The Fringe—A Glimpse into Miami with Christy Gast and Nina Johnson
Last May, I planned a last-minute trip to be in town for MOCA Miami’s Methods—Nuevos Métodos—Nova Métodos Symposium organized by their Associate Curator Ruba Katrib. Reading about it through e-flux’s art and education electronic newsletter for the...
- Posted June 8, 2011
Video: Studio visit with Radcliffe Bailey
We sat down with Radcliffe Bailey at his Atlanta studio to discuss his current mixed-media exhibit at Solomon Projects, Looking for Light, Traveling at Night. The drawings and sculptures on view were created in the wake of...
- Posted October 21, 2009