- Michael Shapiro to Leave High’s Top Post Next Summer
- Bojana Ginn: Recoding the Digital
- IN PRINT: Helping You, Helping Me—Artist Assistants
- Collecting: Keeping It Close to Home—Larry Shapin and Ladonna Nicolas
- Atlanta Artists Help Make Art From Trash, in St. Petersburg
- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
- Paint, Process & Poetry: Mary Addison Hackett at David Lusk in Nashville
All posts tagged "ACA Gallery of SCAD"
Trenton Doyle Hancock is Part Outsider Artist, Part Supergeek
With his massive chockablock canvases loaded with visual detritus and his jocular drawings that exhibit a tendency to dig into his own psyche, Texas artist Trenton Doyle Hancock’s exhibition at ACA Gallery of SCAD, We Done All...
- Posted July 28, 2011
A warm and open sit-down with Marina Abramović
I met with Marina Abramović before her keynote address for SCAD-Atlanta’s second annual deFINE ART program. To be entirely truthful, I was nervous, something you can’t seem to avoid in the presence of the “grandmother of performance...
- Posted February 28, 2011
Mind the gap: JuYeon Kim explores the space between cultures
The In-Between is a bicultural work of art, produced collaboratively by Korean émigré JuYeon Kim and sixteen fiber arts and sculpture students at the Savannah campus of the Savannah College of Art and Design. Though their preparatory...
- Posted February 1, 2011
Art Crush: Lucha Rodriguez, bubblegum-pink pop princess
Lucha Rodriguez has been everywhere this year, showing her work in exhibitions from Spruill Gallery, to the ACA Gallery of SCAD, to Hong Kong and even Paris. She’s kind of like Atlanta’s version of Glinda the Good...
- Posted October 29, 2010
Clare Rojas at ACA Gallery of SCAD
Clare Rojas’ paintings and drawings combine influences of folk art with decorative patterns found in quilts and outdated wallpaper. The initial comforts offered by these traditionally lighthearted and decorative designs make Rojas’ depictions all the more disturbing....
- Posted March 8, 2010