- Traces of the Past: The Atlanta Negro Building and the Origins of the Harlem Renaissance
- In the Know: What to Expect From Artist Residencies
- Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
Since BURNAWAY was launched in 2008, we have featured the work of more than 1,000 artists and worked with over 100 writers online, in our print publications, and inpublic programs. The online magazine is available, in its entirety, for free. But each year, the cost of producing our programs and content grows along with our ambitions for increasing awareness of the visual arts in the South.
Becoming a supporter of BURNAWAY means directly contributing to our coverage, discussion, and examination of the visual arts in and from our region. In addition to our online publication, which produces over 420 articles a year, we connect Atlanta to a larger regional, national and global arts conversation through our critic-in-residence program; provide mentorship for students, artists, and emerging writers through our writing programs; contribute to Atlanta’s archival legacy through our print publications; and throw a damn good party every Spring.
Your investment doesn’t just get you BURNAWAY swag, a subscription to our annual print publication, and access to workshops and events. By becoming a member or making a donation, you help to ensure that the artists, spaces, and organizations in Atlanta and the South are receiving the attention they deserve and is needed to put these communities on the cultural map. Your contribution goes directly to paying writers, increasing the amount of content we can produce, improving the quality of our articles and expanding to include more multimedia content, honorariums for the artists and critics that participate in our public programs, and the associated costs for presenting our programs.
MAKE A DONATION
BURNAWAY recognizes the importance that writers and thinkers play in supporting artist communities to promote, challenge, and propel them forward. BURNAWAY works to develop and connect the arts in Atlanta and the Southeast to create a more thriving and recognized arts community.
If you appreciate the work we do to champion art in Atlanta and the Southeast, please consider donating today. Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated.
Donations are tax exempt as allowed by law.