- In 200 Words: New Book Surveys the Rock Album Art of Hipgnosis
- “Fractured Narratives” Engages at the Cornell Museum in Florida
- Help Us End 2014 with a Bang!
- NEA Grants: Your Tax Dollars at Work
- Jaume Plensa and the Mutable Site-Specific
- Studio Visit: Ashley Anderson
- Craig Drennen Receives Art Matters Grant
- Art Gifts for the Holidays!
- The Waiting Game: Greg Pond at Seed Space in Nashville
- New Director for Georgia’s Columbus Museum
Atlanta’s video game fans are expected to drop their controllers on Friday, July 18, as they...
In the coming weeks, two sci-fi horror masterworks by David Cronenberg and Ridley Scott will be...
Afternoon of a Faun is a fascinating new documentary film, screening at Atlanta’s Landmark Cinema May...
More Film Review News
Three Films Capture the Reality of Artists’ Lives
In the “Life Lessons” segment of the 1989 anthology film New York Stories, artist...
- Posted February 27, 2014
Can Good Design Change the World? — New Film Suggests, Maybe, For Some
Can good design change the world? Well, the process of creative problem-solving that goes...
- Posted February 10, 2014
Recent Films Grapple with Slavery, Offer Revenge Fantasies
Despite the experiences of segregation, the Civil Rights movement, the Black Power movement, the...
- by Felicia Feaster - Posted November 22, 2013
Film Review: Animated Feature, The Painting, Pushes Beyond the Canvas
The French film follows in a long tradition of animated homage to painting.
- by Curt Holman - Posted June 19, 2013
Film Review: Upstream Color Tests the Value of Difficulty
Shane Carruth’s sci-fi reverie explores a world out of balance.
- by Curt Holman - Posted May 15, 2013
Film Review: Like Someone in Love: Iranian Director Abbas Kiarostami Brings Intrigue and Alienation to Tokyo
Kiarostami's spare aesthetic and sense of displacement run throughout his most recent film, set...
- by Andrew Alexander - Posted March 21, 2013
Review: Iowa Film MaFiA and Contraband Cinema Invade MINT Gallery
An evening of film organized by the collective Iowa Film MaFiA falls short of...
- by Ryan Neumann - Posted March 14, 2013