- Julie Mehretu: The Contemporary Sublime
- BURNAWAY Receives NEA Grant!
- Artadia Awards to Atlanta Artists
- Studio Visit: Ben Steele
- Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
- Design Underdogs Celebrated at MODA
- Forward Arts’ Emerging Artist Award Goes To Amandine Drouet
- Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
- What Makes a Home? Jessica Caldas & Aubrey Longley-Cook
- The Spirit Called: Danny Simmons in Jackson, Mississippi
In the “Life Lessons” segment of the 1989 anthology film New York Stories, artist Lionel Dobie...
Can good design change the world? Well, the process of creative problem-solving that goes into good...
Despite the experiences of segregation, the Civil Rights movement, the Black Power movement, the Rodney King...
More Film Review News
Film Review: Animated Feature, The Painting, Pushes Beyond the Canvas
The French film follows in a long tradition of animated homage to painting.
- by Curt Holman - Posted June 19, 2013
Film Review: Upstream Color Tests the Value of Difficulty
Shane Carruth’s sci-fi reverie explores a world out of balance.
- by Curt Holman - Posted May 15, 2013
Film Review: Like Someone in Love: Iranian Director Abbas Kiarostami Brings Intrigue and Alienation to Tokyo
Kiarostami's spare aesthetic and sense of displacement run throughout his most recent film, set...
- by Andrew Alexander - Posted March 21, 2013
Review: Iowa Film MaFiA and Contraband Cinema Invade MINT Gallery
An evening of film organized by the collective Iowa Film MaFiA falls short of...
- by Ryan Neumann - Posted March 14, 2013
Beasts of the Southern Wild: A Katrina Allegory Depicts the Magic of Poverty
Now playing in theaters, this indie film realistically depicts the life of post-Katrina survivalists....
- by Karen Tauches - Posted September 11, 2012
A Separation, a Humanizing Snapshot of Wounded Family in Iran
Opening in Atlanta this Friday, A Separation is an eye-opening portrait of modern life...
- by Felicia Feaster - Posted February 16, 2012
Documentary Fathoms the Fierce Badassery of Charlotte Rampling
Felicia Feaster's first look reveals the deep soul behind The Look, opening at Midtown...
- by Felicia Feaster - Posted February 2, 2012
Ciné 1.0: Cronenberg’s Sensual Tale of Freud, Jung, and their Muse
Now in theaters, A Dangerous Method recovers the story of Sabina Spielrein.
- by Felicia Feaster - Posted January 3, 2012