- Julie Mehretu: The Contemporary Sublime
- BURNAWAY Receives NEA Grant!
- Artadia Awards to Atlanta Artists
- Studio Visit: Ben Steele
- Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
- Design Underdogs Celebrated at MODA
- Forward Arts’ Emerging Artist Award Goes To Amandine Drouet
- Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
- What Makes a Home? Jessica Caldas & Aubrey Longley-Cook
- The Spirit Called: Danny Simmons in Jackson, Mississippi
On Monday, April 21 at 7pm, Ethiopian-born New York artist Julie Mehretu will speak at...
BURNAWAY is elated to announce that we have received our first grant from the National Endowment for...
Ben Steele is an Atlanta-based painter whose works explore the imaginative construction of idealized places. Steele...
More featured News
Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
“Scarlet Air: Works by Micah & Whitney Stansell,” on view at Whitespace gallery through...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted April 16, 2014
Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
In a neat conjunction of solo shows at Get This Gallery ,...
- by Tom Berlangero - Posted April 14, 2014
What Makes a Home? Jessica Caldas & Aubrey Longley-Cook
The show “Two Houses,” at the Chastain Arts Center through April 17, is...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted April 10, 2014
The Spirit Called: Danny Simmons in Jackson, Mississippi
“I Dreamed My People Were Calling but I Couldn’t Find My Way Home” at...
- by Kimberly Jacobs - Posted April 10, 2014
The Many Ways of Vinyl: Kevin Cooley and Phillip Andrew Lewis
For the latest exhibition at Nashville’s Zeitgeist Gallery, multimedia artists Kevin Cooley and Phillip...
- by Sara Estes - Posted April 8, 2014
Temme Barkin-Leeds Takes Aim at Shooter Games in New Paintings
For avid gamers, Battlefield 3 is one of the most popular and visceral interactive...
- by Jeff Stafford - Posted April 7, 2014
Artists on Art: Morandi and Yuskavage—Two Artists I Didn’t Like
BURNAWAY is honored to have Rocio Rodiguez set the stage for our new Artists on...
- by Rocio Rodriguez - Posted April 2, 2014
In 200 Words: Medford Johnston at Sandler Hudson and the High
Let’s pretend for a moment we are approaching the paintings of Medford Johnston at...
- by Brendan Carroll - Posted April 1, 2014
Zuckerman’s Inaugural Shows Break Down Historical Barriers
Despite a censorship hiccup that garnered national attention, the Zuckerman Museum of Art (ZMA)...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted March 31, 2014