- Leo Twiggs at Greenville County Museum of Art & Hampton III Gallery
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY at DBF / Lilly Lampe and Suzanne Mozes
- Artworks Engage Architecture at Virginia Tech’s Moss Arts Center
- Sherrick & Paul Gallery Opens in Nashville
- Sublime Sound: Janet Cardiff at the High
- Q&A: Gregory Green Talks to Budd Dees
- Jiha Moon To Represent Georgia in National Survey
- VIDEO: BURNAWAY’s Susannah Darrow at Emory University
- “Ebony Fashion Fair” Brought Haute Couture to African Americans
- Deadline is Friday for Emerging Art Writers Mentorship!
This essay is presented in partnership with Temporary Art Review, a platform for contemporary art criticism that focuses...
The Moss Arts Center at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University just celebrated its one-year anniversary...
Janet Cardiff’s The Forty Part Motet (A reworking of “Spem in Alium” by Thomas Tallis 1573)...
More featured News
“Ebony Fashion Fair” Brought Haute Couture to African Americans
“Inspiring Beauty: 50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair,” on view at the Museum of...
- by Jennifer Jefferson - Posted November 18, 2014
Deadline is Friday for Emerging Art Writers Mentorship!
APPLICATIONS DUE NOVEMBER 21 at 5PM! “International Art English—jargoned, easily mimicked, unintelligible, meaningless purple art-prose—is...
- by burnadmin - Posted November 17, 2014
Friends and Family: Chris Verene & Carl Martin at Opal Gallery
One of the great enigmas of contemporary photography is our tendency as an educated...
- by Brett Levine - Posted November 14, 2014
Rough-Hewn Perception: Clark Derbes at Marcia Wood Gallery
Painter/sculptor Clark Derbes has been working with wood for some time now, transforming chunks...
- by Jeff Stafford - Posted November 11, 2014
Take 1: “State of the Art” Rewards Careful Looking
On September 11, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas, hosted a reception...
- by Brad Cushman - Posted November 10, 2014