- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
- Paint, Process & Poetry: Mary Addison Hackett at David Lusk in Nashville
- New Curator for New Orleans CAC
- Countdown to Prospect.3 in New Orleans
- Two Nonprofit Galleries Publish for Posterity
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY AT DBF / Hez Stalcup & Sean Hilton
- “Get Real” Examines Contemporary Realist Painting, at MOCA Jacksonville
Traces of the Past
In his 1893 oil painting, The Banjo Lesson, Henry O. Tanner depicted poor, rural black life...
Physical remnants of segregation are rarely discernible today. Separated water fountains have been removed, replaced by...
Atlanta is awash in greenspace initiatives. From projects like the BeltLine and the Buckhead Collection, which...
More Traces of the Past News
Traces of the Past: Grady Memorial Hospital’s Lost Beautification Plan
It seems like Grady Memorial Hospital is always in the news. Among the largest public health systems in...
- by Amber Rhea - Posted January 30, 2014
Traces of the Past: Neighborhood Schools and the Power of Place
The impact of schools on social geography and the built environment .
- by Amber Rhea - Posted October 14, 2013
Traces of the Past: What Once Was Old is New Again—Streetcars in Atlanta
"The latest big thing downtown is the Atlanta Streetcar—except it’s really nothing new at...
- Posted July 31, 2013