- Alex Katz Boosts the High’s Painting Collection
- Michael Shapiro to Leave High’s Top Post Next Summer
- Bojana Ginn: Recoding the Digital
- IN PRINT: Helping You, Helping Me—Artist Assistants
- Collecting: Keeping It Close to Home—Larry Shapin and Ladonna Nicolas
- Atlanta Artists Help Make Art From Trash, in St. Petersburg
- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
Traces of the Past
In his 1893 oil painting, The Banjo Lesson, Henry O. Tanner depicted poor, rural black life...
Physical remnants of segregation are rarely discernible today. Separated water fountains have been removed, replaced by...
Atlanta is awash in greenspace initiatives. From projects like the BeltLine and the Buckhead Collection, which...
More Traces of the Past News
Traces of the Past: Grady Memorial Hospital’s Lost Beautification Plan
It seems like Grady Memorial Hospital is always in the news. Among the largest public health systems in...
- by Amber Rhea - Posted January 30, 2014
Traces of the Past: Neighborhood Schools and the Power of Place
The impact of schools on social geography and the built environment .
- by Amber Rhea - Posted October 14, 2013
Traces of the Past: What Once Was Old is New Again—Streetcars in Atlanta
"The latest big thing downtown is the Atlanta Streetcar—except it’s really nothing new at...
- Posted July 31, 2013