- Souls Grown Deep Gives Works to the Metropolitan in NYC
- E.K. Huckaby’s Magical South at MOCA GA
- WonderRoot Podcast: P. Seth Thompson
- IN PRINT: Chad Alligood’s Favorite Things
- Studio Visit: Carrie Alter in Chapel Hill
- It’s Not Funny: Andrea Fraser Tackles the Politics of Mardi Gras at Prospect.3
- Leo Twiggs at Greenville County Museum of Art & Hampton III Gallery
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY at DBF / Lilly Lampe and Suzanne Mozes
- Artworks Engage Architecture at Virginia Tech’s Moss Arts Center
- Sherrick & Paul Gallery Opens in Nashville
Traces of the Past
In his 1893 oil painting, The Banjo Lesson, Henry O. Tanner depicted poor, rural black life...
Physical remnants of segregation are rarely discernible today. Separated water fountains have been removed, replaced by...
Atlanta is awash in greenspace initiatives. From projects like the BeltLine and the Buckhead Collection, which...
More Traces of the Past News
Traces of the Past: Grady Memorial Hospital’s Lost Beautification Plan
It seems like Grady Memorial Hospital is always in the news. Among the largest public health systems in...
- by Amber Rhea - Posted January 30, 2014
Traces of the Past: Neighborhood Schools and the Power of Place
The impact of schools on social geography and the built environment .
- by Amber Rhea - Posted October 14, 2013
Traces of the Past: What Once Was Old is New Again—Streetcars in Atlanta
"The latest big thing downtown is the Atlanta Streetcar—except it’s really nothing new at...
- Posted July 31, 2013