- Leo Twiggs at Greenville County Museum of Art & Hampton III Gallery
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY at DBF / Lilly Lampe and Suzanne Mozes
- Artworks Engage Architecture at Virginia Tech’s Moss Arts Center
- Sherrick & Paul Gallery Opens in Nashville
- Sublime Sound: Janet Cardiff at the High
- Q&A: Gregory Green Talks to Budd Dees
- Jiha Moon To Represent Georgia in National Survey
- VIDEO: BURNAWAY’s Susannah Darrow at Emory University
- “Ebony Fashion Fair” Brought Haute Couture to African Americans
- Deadline is Friday for Emerging Art Writers Mentorship!
Our columnist visits Nashville where Seed Space leads the way for smarter, stranger, and more plentiful...
Reporting on her recent trip to Russia, Tang sends a photo essay pondering the familiar tensions...
Los Angeles's biennial shows how it shares a similar identity to Atlanta: a city both everywhere...
More The Fringe News
The Fringe: Theaster Gates and the Politics of Staying
Theaster Gates reconfigures forlorn materials and taps into untold histories in projects such as...
- by Becky Bivens - Posted September 13, 2012
The Fringe: Counterculture, Commerce, and the Marina Abramovic Institute
The celebrity artist teams up with architect Rem Koolhaas, highlighting the bygone days of...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted August 13, 2012
The Fringe: Salt Returns to the Sea in Motoi Yamamoto’s Installations
Welcome to the newly revived The Fringe curated by Kristin Juárez. The first article...
- by Andrew Alexander - Posted July 26, 2012
The Fringe: Video Dematerializes the Art Object at Miami Art Basel
Among the endless rows of gallery cubicles that constitute Art Basel in the Miami...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted December 21, 2011
One South to Another: Locating the Work of LaToya Ruby Frazier
In Ju Young Ban’s drawing Us (2009), two intricate and vibrant anthropomorphic forms made...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted November 28, 2011
Week in Review: Residency in Seoul, South Korea, Part 2
A few works stood out during the second week of my residency in Seoul.
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 26, 2011
The Fringe: Seoul Art Space Geumcheon Residency, Part 1
Annyeong Haseyo y’all. I’ve landed in Seoul, South Korea for a one-month art criticism...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 12, 2011
The Fringe: Echoes of the Sublime Inspires Challenging Conversations
For Stephanie Dowda, Echoes of the Sublime is about risk. And she doesn’t mean...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted September 14, 2011
The Fringe: Mapping Noplace in Atlanta Art Now
Kristin Juárez writes this edition of her monthly column, The Fringe, in collaboration with...
- by Rachel Chamberlain, Susannah Darrow, and Kristin Juárez - Posted August 10, 2011
The Fringe: On Art Workers and the Aesthetics of Labor
Currently on view for the first time at the Knoxville Museum of Art is...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted July 13, 2011