- Chaos and Transcendence: Caomin Xie at Fay Gold Gallery
- Attention Artists: 2015 Hudgens Prize Competition About to Open
- Studio Visit: S. Patricia Patterson
- The High Receives $2.5 Million For Folk Art
- The Inaugural Florida Prize in Contemporary Art, in Orlando
- Is Feminism a Dirty Word in Art?
- Hot Off the Press! BURNAWAY #2
- Art as Books, Books as Art
- Mason Murer Is Moving, Promises Better Parking
- “Art Is A Context Sport”: Q&A with Pastiche Lumumba
Our columnist visits Nashville where Seed Space leads the way for smarter, stranger, and more plentiful...
Reporting on her recent trip to Russia, Tang sends a photo essay pondering the familiar tensions...
Los Angeles's biennial shows how it shares a similar identity to Atlanta: a city both everywhere...
More The Fringe News
The Fringe: Theaster Gates and the Politics of Staying
Theaster Gates reconfigures forlorn materials and taps into untold histories in projects such as...
- by Becky Bivens - Posted September 13, 2012
The Fringe: Counterculture, Commerce, and the Marina Abramovic Institute
The celebrity artist teams up with architect Rem Koolhaas, highlighting the bygone days of...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted August 13, 2012
The Fringe: Salt Returns to the Sea in Motoi Yamamoto’s Installations
Welcome to the newly revived The Fringe curated by Kristin Juárez. The first article...
- by Andrew Alexander - Posted July 26, 2012
The Fringe: Video Dematerializes the Art Object at Miami Art Basel
Among the endless rows of gallery cubicles that constitute Art Basel in the Miami...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted December 21, 2011
One South to Another: Locating the Work of LaToya Ruby Frazier
In Ju Young Ban’s drawing Us (2009), two intricate and vibrant anthropomorphic forms made...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted November 28, 2011
Week in Review: Residency in Seoul, South Korea, Part 2
A few works stood out during the second week of my residency in Seoul.
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 26, 2011
The Fringe: Seoul Art Space Geumcheon Residency, Part 1
Annyeong Haseyo y’all. I’ve landed in Seoul, South Korea for a one-month art criticism...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 12, 2011