- AUDIO: Beth Malone, Cofounder of Dashboard Co-op
- BURNING QUESTIONS: Hanging with Binder Clips, Okay or Not?
- Newly Independent, ATL Jewish Film Festival Runs Jan. 28-Feb. 19
- Prospect.4 to be Organized by Curator from Nasher at Duke
- Trash Tales at The Nashville Public Library
- Florida Mining Gallery Giving Atlanta a Try at SBS’s Gallery 180
- Erin Colleen Johnson’s Videos Mesmerize in Tuscaloosa
- Matthew Gamber’s Photos of Perception at Hagedorn
- BURNING QUESTIONS: Submitting To A Gallery
- Driven to Distraction: Beth Lilly at Whitespace
Our columnist visits Nashville where Seed Space leads the way for smarter, stranger, and more plentiful...
Reporting on her recent trip to Russia, Tang sends a photo essay pondering the familiar tensions...
Los Angeles's biennial shows how it shares a similar identity to Atlanta: a city both everywhere...
More The Fringe News
The Fringe: Theaster Gates and the Politics of Staying
Theaster Gates reconfigures forlorn materials and taps into untold histories in projects such as...
- by Becky Bivens - Posted September 13, 2012
The Fringe: Counterculture, Commerce, and the Marina Abramovic Institute
The celebrity artist teams up with architect Rem Koolhaas, highlighting the bygone days of...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted August 13, 2012
The Fringe: Salt Returns to the Sea in Motoi Yamamoto’s Installations
Welcome to the newly revived The Fringe curated by Kristin Juárez. The first article...
- by Andrew Alexander - Posted July 26, 2012
The Fringe: Video Dematerializes the Art Object at Miami Art Basel
Among the endless rows of gallery cubicles that constitute Art Basel in the Miami...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted December 21, 2011
One South to Another: Locating the Work of LaToya Ruby Frazier
In Ju Young Ban’s drawing Us (2009), two intricate and vibrant anthropomorphic forms made...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted November 28, 2011
Week in Review: Residency in Seoul, South Korea, Part 2
A few works stood out during the second week of my residency in Seoul.
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 26, 2011
The Fringe: Seoul Art Space Geumcheon Residency, Part 1
Annyeong Haseyo y’all. I’ve landed in Seoul, South Korea for a one-month art criticism...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 12, 2011
The Fringe: Echoes of the Sublime Inspires Challenging Conversations
For Stephanie Dowda, Echoes of the Sublime is about risk. And she doesn’t mean...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted September 14, 2011
The Fringe: Mapping Noplace in Atlanta Art Now
Kristin Juárez writes this edition of her monthly column, The Fringe, in collaboration with...
- by Rachel Chamberlain, Susannah Darrow, and Kristin Juárez - Posted August 10, 2011
The Fringe: On Art Workers and the Aesthetics of Labor
Currently on view for the first time at the Knoxville Museum of Art is...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted July 13, 2011