- Studio Visit: Nikita Gale, on Loving and Leaving
- AUDIO: What’s NEXT for Faith Carmichael and the National Black Arts Festival?
- Ann Stewart and Steven Millar Offer Quiet Surprises in Bushwick
- The Many Faces of A Queen
- JEMA Museum-en-Valise Travels to Ft. Myers
- Q&A with the Incandescent Molly Rose Freeman
- Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
- Blake Beckham of the Lucky Penny Premieres Dearly Departures
- Flux Night Scores with Nato Thompson
- From the Editor’s Desk: On Conflicts of Interest and Glass Houses
Our columnist visits Nashville where Seed Space leads the way for smarter, stranger, and more plentiful...
Reporting on her recent trip to Russia, Tang sends a photo essay pondering the familiar tensions...
Los Angeles's biennial shows how it shares a similar identity to Atlanta: a city both everywhere...
More The Fringe News
The Fringe: Theaster Gates and the Politics of Staying
Theaster Gates reconfigures forlorn materials and taps into untold histories in projects such as...
- by Becky Bivens - Posted September 13, 2012
The Fringe: Counterculture, Commerce, and the Marina Abramovic Institute
The celebrity artist teams up with architect Rem Koolhaas, highlighting the bygone days of...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted August 13, 2012
The Fringe: Salt Returns to the Sea in Motoi Yamamoto’s Installations
Welcome to the newly revived The Fringe curated by Kristin Juárez. The first article...
- by Andrew Alexander - Posted July 26, 2012
The Fringe: Video Dematerializes the Art Object at Miami Art Basel
Among the endless rows of gallery cubicles that constitute Art Basel in the Miami...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted December 21, 2011
One South to Another: Locating the Work of LaToya Ruby Frazier
In Ju Young Ban’s drawing Us (2009), two intricate and vibrant anthropomorphic forms made...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted November 28, 2011
Week in Review: Residency in Seoul, South Korea, Part 2
A few works stood out during the second week of my residency in Seoul.
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 26, 2011
The Fringe: Seoul Art Space Geumcheon Residency, Part 1
Annyeong Haseyo y’all. I’ve landed in Seoul, South Korea for a one-month art criticism...
- by Kristin Juárez - Posted October 12, 2011