- Chicken Town: Cathy McLaurin at the Power Plant in Durham
- Studio Visit: Nikita Gale, on Loving and Leaving
- AUDIO: What’s NEXT for Faith Carmichael and the National Black Arts Festival?
- Ann Stewart and Steven Millar Offer Quiet Surprises in Bushwick
- The Many Faces of A Queen
- JEMA Museum-en-Valise Travels to Ft. Myers
- Q&A with the Incandescent Molly Rose Freeman
- Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
- Blake Beckham of the Lucky Penny Premieres Dearly Departures
- Flux Night Scores with Nato Thompson
Our Front Porch
The idea for BURNAWAY originated from a front-porch conversation about the need for more dialogue about local...
BURNAWAY reached out to Holcombe and Sandler to speak on the Drawing Inside the Perimeter effect—specifically...
More Our Front Porch News
Our Front Porch: Gloom and Doom? The Business of Art / Many Commercial Galleries Thriving
Alan Avery, Atlanta galleriest for over 30 years, weighs in on the current debates...
- by Alan Avery - Posted February 12, 2013
Our Front Porch: Did FLUX Night 2012 Fail Expectations?
A concerned reader and law school student responds to recent media coverage with criticism...
- by Sarah Stein - Posted October 22, 2012
Our Front Porch: Art Under the Oddest Circumstances
Joey Orr reflects on critical tagging and other interventions that aim to challenge institutionally...
- by Joey Orr - Posted July 24, 2012
Our Front Porch: What Inspires Artists to Be Angelic Troublemakers?
Perhaps Atlanta's most influential taste-maker for 30 years, Gold encourages young artists to be...
- by Fay Gold - Posted March 7, 2012
Our Front Porch: The Beasts, an Online Exhibition Balancing Thought and Craft
The curator of Young Blood Gallery shares her thoughts on the art of curating...
- by Kelly Teasley - Posted March 2, 2012
Our Front Porch: Five of Craig Dongoski’s Artistic Influences
Artist and professor Craig Dongoski offers his top five for this week's Our Front...
- by Craig Dongoski - Posted February 22, 2012