- Leo Twiggs at Greenville County Museum of Art & Hampton III Gallery
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY at DBF / Lilly Lampe and Suzanne Mozes
- Artworks Engage Architecture at Virginia Tech’s Moss Arts Center
- Sherrick & Paul Gallery Opens in Nashville
- Sublime Sound: Janet Cardiff at the High
- Q&A: Gregory Green Talks to Budd Dees
- Jiha Moon To Represent Georgia in National Survey
- VIDEO: BURNAWAY’s Susannah Darrow at Emory University
- “Ebony Fashion Fair” Brought Haute Couture to African Americans
- Deadline is Friday for Emerging Art Writers Mentorship!
Our Front Porch
The idea for BURNAWAY originated from a front-porch conversation about the need for more dialogue about local...
BURNAWAY reached out to Holcombe and Sandler to speak on the Drawing Inside the Perimeter effect—specifically...
More Our Front Porch News
Our Front Porch: Gloom and Doom? The Business of Art / Many Commercial Galleries Thriving
Alan Avery, Atlanta galleriest for over 30 years, weighs in on the current debates...
- by Alan Avery - Posted February 12, 2013
Our Front Porch: Did FLUX Night 2012 Fail Expectations?
A concerned reader and law school student responds to recent media coverage with criticism...
- by Sarah Stein - Posted October 22, 2012
Our Front Porch: Art Under the Oddest Circumstances
Joey Orr reflects on critical tagging and other interventions that aim to challenge institutionally...
- by Joey Orr - Posted July 24, 2012
Our Front Porch: What Inspires Artists to Be Angelic Troublemakers?
Perhaps Atlanta's most influential taste-maker for 30 years, Gold encourages young artists to be...
- by Fay Gold - Posted March 7, 2012
Our Front Porch: The Beasts, an Online Exhibition Balancing Thought and Craft
The curator of Young Blood Gallery shares her thoughts on the art of curating...
- by Kelly Teasley - Posted March 2, 2012
Our Front Porch: Five of Craig Dongoski’s Artistic Influences
Artist and professor Craig Dongoski offers his top five for this week's Our Front...
- by Craig Dongoski - Posted February 22, 2012
Our Front Porch: Would Atlanta Benefit from a Postcolonial Dialogue?
This week's guest writer challenges the nostalgia of blackness at the Hammonds House Museum...
- by Christopher Hutchinson - Posted January 24, 2012
Our Front Porch: Frankenthaler, Nevelson, and Walker at Alan Avery
The Glass Ceiling Shattered reminds that female artists continue to garner less commercial success...
- by Susan Richmond - Posted January 10, 2012
Our Front Porch: How Can Atlanta Develop New Art Collectors?
The idea for BURNAWAY originated from a front-porch conversation about the need for more...
- by Baxter Jones - Posted December 6, 2011