- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
- Q&A: John Q on Creating a Future History
- Art Papers Goes 3-D in Gallery Exhibition
- Chaos and Transcendence: Caomin Xie at Fay Gold Gallery
Based in Virginia, Jeannette Walls is the author of the memoir The Glass Castle, a New...
In anticipation of his curator's talk tonight at Whitespace, Jerry Cullum reviews two books that weighed...
More Book Reviews News
Shades of SHIELD: Marvel Comics, Samuel Jackson, and Race
1. As I prepared to write about the Marvel character Nick Fury, agent of...
- by Ed Hall - Posted August 17, 2011
Book review in final ART LIES asks: What is regional art?
On March 30, 2011, ART LIES magazine announced it would cease publication to take...
- by Jeremy Abernathy - Posted May 12, 2011
Chester 5000 XYV: Pornography and feminism in the graphic novel
The following book review examines a title that will be released May 25, 2011,...
- by Ed Hall - Posted April 28, 2011
Artadia: 5 Cities 41 Artists leaps beyond clichés of second-city angst
Just what is it that makes Atlanta’s art so different, so appealing? Or, for...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted April 21, 2011
Top Shelf comic and Japanese manga spin fables of the blues
Two graphic novels' take on Southern music and myth
- by Ed Hall - Posted January 21, 2011
Michael Schmelling’s Atlanta: a review of the artist’s new book
On a Saturday afternoon, a friend popped by my house to invite me to...
- by Carla Aaron-Lopez - Posted November 29, 2010
Hare with Amber Eyes: Ceramics professor brings a century to life
Edmund de Waal’s The Hare with Amber Eyes is a book about, as the...
- by Jerry Cullum - Posted September 13, 2010
Postmodern is passé: Terry Smith defines contemporary art
In his most recent book, What is Contemporary Art?, art historian and theorist Terry...
- by Joyce Youmans - Posted May 24, 2010
Book Review: Manet and the Object of Painting by Michel Foucault
On a Tuesday night in Tunisia in 1971, the exalted French philosopher Michel Foucault...
- by Joel Withrow - Posted April 5, 2010
Penny Arcade’s Bad Reputation makes for tantalizing art
Who is Penny Arcade? Andy Warhol fans may recognize the name of the starlet...
- by Meghan Norman Walter - Posted March 23, 2010