- Chicken Town: Cathy McLaurin at the Power Plant in Durham
- Studio Visit: Nikita Gale, on Loving and Leaving
- AUDIO: What’s NEXT for Faith Carmichael and the National Black Arts Festival?
- Ann Stewart and Steven Millar Offer Quiet Surprises in Bushwick
- The Many Faces of A Queen
- JEMA Museum-en-Valise Travels to Ft. Myers
- Q&A with the Incandescent Molly Rose Freeman
- Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
- Blake Beckham of the Lucky Penny Premieres Dearly Departures
- Flux Night Scores with Nato Thompson
Based in Virginia, Jeannette Walls is the author of the memoir The Glass Castle, a New...
In anticipation of his curator's talk tonight at Whitespace, Jerry Cullum reviews two books that weighed...
More Book Reviews News
Shades of SHIELD: Marvel Comics, Samuel Jackson, and Race
1. As I prepared to write about the Marvel character Nick Fury, agent of...
- by Ed Hall - Posted August 17, 2011
Book review in final ART LIES asks: What is regional art?
On March 30, 2011, ART LIES magazine announced it would cease publication to take...
- by Jeremy Abernathy - Posted May 12, 2011
Chester 5000 XYV: Pornography and feminism in the graphic novel
The following book review examines a title that will be released May 25, 2011,...
- by Ed Hall - Posted April 28, 2011
Artadia: 5 Cities 41 Artists leaps beyond clichés of second-city angst
Just what is it that makes Atlanta’s art so different, so appealing? Or, for...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted April 21, 2011
Top Shelf comic and Japanese manga spin fables of the blues
Two graphic novels' take on Southern music and myth
- by Ed Hall - Posted January 21, 2011
Michael Schmelling’s Atlanta: a review of the artist’s new book
On a Saturday afternoon, a friend popped by my house to invite me to...
- by Carla Aaron-Lopez - Posted November 29, 2010
Hare with Amber Eyes: Ceramics professor brings a century to life
Edmund de Waal’s The Hare with Amber Eyes is a book about, as the...
- by Jerry Cullum - Posted September 13, 2010