- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
- Paint, Process & Poetry: Mary Addison Hackett at David Lusk in Nashville
- New Curator for New Orleans CAC
- Countdown to Prospect.3 in New Orleans
- Two Nonprofit Galleries Publish for Posterity
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY AT DBF / Hez Stalcup & Sean Hilton
- “Get Real” Examines Contemporary Realist Painting, at MOCA Jacksonville
Based in Virginia, Jeannette Walls is the author of the memoir The Glass Castle, a New...
In anticipation of his curator's talk tonight at Whitespace, Jerry Cullum reviews two books that weighed...
More Book Reviews News
Shades of SHIELD: Marvel Comics, Samuel Jackson, and Race
1. As I prepared to write about the Marvel character Nick Fury, agent of...
- by Ed Hall - Posted August 17, 2011
Book review in final ART LIES asks: What is regional art?
On March 30, 2011, ART LIES magazine announced it would cease publication to take...
- by Jeremy Abernathy - Posted May 12, 2011
Chester 5000 XYV: Pornography and feminism in the graphic novel
The following book review examines a title that will be released May 25, 2011,...
- by Ed Hall - Posted April 28, 2011
Artadia: 5 Cities 41 Artists leaps beyond clichés of second-city angst
Just what is it that makes Atlanta’s art so different, so appealing? Or, for...
- by Alana Wolf - Posted April 21, 2011
Top Shelf comic and Japanese manga spin fables of the blues
Two graphic novels' take on Southern music and myth
- by Ed Hall - Posted January 21, 2011
Michael Schmelling’s Atlanta: a review of the artist’s new book
On a Saturday afternoon, a friend popped by my house to invite me to...
- by Carla Aaron-Lopez - Posted November 29, 2010
Hare with Amber Eyes: Ceramics professor brings a century to life
Edmund de Waal’s The Hare with Amber Eyes is a book about, as the...
- by Jerry Cullum - Posted September 13, 2010
Postmodern is passé: Terry Smith defines contemporary art
In his most recent book, What is Contemporary Art?, art historian and theorist Terry...
- by Joyce Youmans - Posted May 24, 2010
Book Review: Manet and the Object of Painting by Michel Foucault
On a Tuesday night in Tunisia in 1971, the exalted French philosopher Michel Foucault...
- by Joel Withrow - Posted April 5, 2010
Penny Arcade’s Bad Reputation makes for tantalizing art
Who is Penny Arcade? Andy Warhol fans may recognize the name of the starlet...
- by Meghan Norman Walter - Posted March 23, 2010