- Mason Murer Is Moving, Promises Better Parking
- “Art Is A Context Sport”: Q&A with Pastiche Lumumba
- “Second Life” and the Taxidermic Gaze, in Louisville
- Traces of the Past: Segregation at the Fox Theatre
- Identity Concealed in Paint: Carrie Moyer at SCAD Museum
- Native Son: Joe Leavenworth Looks for His Southern Roots
- “Finding Fela” Has Missteps, but Fascinates
- Pam Longobardi Appears On Sierra Club’s Magazine Cover
- Collecting: How Art Consultants Help Local Art Scenes Grow
- Speleogen and the New Cave Art
Authors on Art
An analysis of authorial drawings leads to larger critical questions on art and aesthetics.
Brian Allen Carr, author of Vampire Conditions, reviews the work of Oakland artist John Casey
"I came across Amos Goldbaum’s work at a time in my life when my own world...
More Authors on Art News
Authors on Art: A Vivid Craving: Art and Writing Around Color
Amber Sparks explores color in visual art and the stories that arise from it.
- by Amber Sparks - Posted September 20, 2012
Authors on Art: A Preoccupation May be Shared: On Works by Eric Fischl
Many years ago while vacationing on the right coast of death I swallowed my...
- by Melissa Broder - Posted March 16, 2012
Authors on Art: Imagining the Artist/Poet Edward Mullany
Today BURNAWAY welcomes Mel Bosworth for this month's Authors on Art, a series of...
- by Mel Bosworth - Posted January 11, 2012
Authors on Art: Hieronymus Bosch and God in His Room of Money
Today BURNAWAY welcomes Robert Kloss for this month’s Authors on Art, a series of...
- by Robert Kloss - Posted December 14, 2011