- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
- Paint, Process & Poetry: Mary Addison Hackett at David Lusk in Nashville
- New Curator for New Orleans CAC
- Countdown to Prospect.3 in New Orleans
- Two Nonprofit Galleries Publish for Posterity
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY AT DBF / Hez Stalcup & Sean Hilton
- “Get Real” Examines Contemporary Realist Painting, at MOCA Jacksonville
The records of the past accumulate, piling higher each day, and as they do, artists scour...
Carolyn Carr is a busy woman. In addition to having work currently on view in two...
In his 1893 oil painting, The Banjo Lesson, Henry O. Tanner depicted poor, rural black life...
More COLUMNS News
Traces of the Past: Segregation at the Fox Theatre
Physical remnants of segregation are rarely discernible today. Separated water fountains have been removed,...
- by Anabella Jean-Laurent - Posted August 20, 2014
From the Editor’s Desk: On Conflicts of Interest and Glass Houses
Occasionally in the art world, you’ll hear some noise about conflicts of interest, despite the...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted July 18, 2014
Permanent Residents: Anish Kapoor at the High Museum
When I first experienced the work of Anish Kapoor, I was in Chicago visiting...
- by Karen Comer Lowe - Posted June 4, 2014
Permanent Residents: David C. Driskell at the High, Building on a Name
In debates over the design and architecture of today’s museum, the majority of attention...
- by Claire Ittner - Posted May 21, 2014