- Micah and Whitney Stansell Win $100K Herradura Tequila Prize
- Thomas Hart Benton’s Fertile Lessons
- Patience and Painting
- Katherine Taylor’s Coastline Elegies
- Andrew Alexander, Amy White, and Melissa Messina Recognized for Good Arts Writing
- Jennifer Schwartz Quits Dealing, Starts Crusading
- Art Crush: Maggie Ginestra’s Neutral Loyalty
- Charmed, I’m Sure: The Importance of Artist Residencies
- Collecting: Growing Up with Art
- Psyche in the Bedroom: The Paintings of Karen Ann Myers
Books & Lit
I was not expecting fresh carrot juice, the discovery of my new favorite hot sauce, and...
Tucked among the cobblestone streets lined with drunken revelers and street musicians in Dublin’s Temple Bar...
An inventive, first-time collaboration between three artists, happening this weekend, will serve as a kind of...
More Books & Lit News
Laura Relyea Talks About a Chapbook of Her Own—and Glitter
Upon first glance at Laura Relyea’s debut chapbook, All Glitter, Everything, you might think...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted October 23, 2013
From the Editor’s Desk: Revisiting Dust-to-Digital and Institute 193 Publications
How Low Can You Go? Anthology of the String Bass, by Dust-to-Digital Recordings...
- by BURNAWAY Staff - Posted July 30, 2013
Book Review: Tracy Thompson’s The New Mind of the South
“Being a Southerner is a lot like being a Jew, and every bit as...
- by Ryan Neumann - Posted July 17, 2013
From the Editor’s Desk: Revisiting Sideways Atlanta & Hambidge’s Fables Exhibition Catalog
SUMMER READING: SIDEWAYS ATLANTA Sideways Atlanta, named “best tour guide for the city”...
- by BURNAWAY Staff - Posted July 3, 2013
From the Editor’s Desk: A Guide to the Dirty South, The Mary Lomax Ballad Book, Sarah Butler’s Art Writing
Reviews on art books, monographs, and artist publications that come across our desks!
- by BURNAWAY Staff - Posted June 24, 2013
Interview with Chelsea Rathburn: On Poetic Style and A Raft of Grief
Rathburn is a 2005 Richard Wilbur Award winner and National Endowment for the Arts...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted April 17, 2013
Thomas Mullen’s Firefly Brothers Wins the 2012 Townsend Prize
Mullen captures Georgia’s major literary award with his bank-robbing Depression-era novel that's relevant for...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted January 14, 2013
Philip Rafshoon, Decatur Book Festival’s New Program Director
The former owner of Outwrite Bookstore takes over leadership for the widely popular literary...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted January 4, 2013
Hyde and Vouched Reunite for this Year’s Holiday Hangover
Seasonal satire rings true at the Highland Inn Ballroom with literary readings and surprise,...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted January 1, 2013
Author George Singleton Returns to Atlanta Wednesday
The Georgia Center for the Book hosts Singleton as he reads from his hilarious...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted November 12, 2012
Author David Sedaris of NPR Fame to Appear in Atlanta Saturday
Atlanta's NPR affiliate WABE presents an evening with David Sedaris promising a performance to...
- by Scott Daughtridge - Posted October 25, 2012