- Patience and Painting
- Katherine Taylor’s Coastline Elegies
- Andrew Alexander, Amy White, and Melissa Messina Recognized for Good Arts Writing
- Jennifer Schwartz Quits Dealing, Starts Crusading
- Art Crush: Maggie Ginestra’s Neutral Loyalty
- Contemporary Printmaking Celebrated at the 2013 Atlanta Print Biennial
- Charmed, I’m Sure: The Importance of Artist Residencies
- Collecting: Growing Up with Art
- Psyche in the Bedroom: The Paintings of Karen Ann Myers
- 200 Words: Matthew Craven at Get This!
Matthew Craven’s current exhibition, Arrangement:, explores notions of making and remaking history. Coming on the heels...
A cast aluminum pumpkin painted with delighted ineptitude to resemble a Pepsi can by Anissa Mack;...
For Fire/fly, Willie Cole’s second solo exhibition at Birmingham’s beta pictoris gallery (September 13–October 25), scorching...
More 200 Words News
In 200 Words: Leslie Wayne at J. Johnson Gallery, Jacksonville Beach, FL
J. Johnson Gallery in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, stands just about a block from the...
- by Lily Kuonen - Posted October 29, 2013
Painting with Pulp: Peter Sowiski’s Explorations in Paper at the Robert C. Williams Paper Museum
This survey of works by Peter Sowiski shows pulp painting at its best: a sophisticated...
- by Ivy Williams - Posted October 24, 2013
In 200 Words: Robert Sagerman at Marcia Wood Gallery
For the past 20 years, Robert Sagerman has been making paintings inspired by the...
- by Sara Riff - Posted October 15, 2013
In 200 Words: Daniel Newman’s INTRODUCTION TO FEL-TECH in Jacksonville
Daniel Newman’s recent show INTRODUCTION TO FEL-TECH explores arcane systems, what the artist...
- by Daniel A. Brown - Posted October 3, 2013
In 200 Words: Harriet Leibowitz’s Southern Season at Alan Avery Art Company
Harriet Leibowitz's campy portrayal of the women behind Atlanta's high society at Alan Avery...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted October 1, 2013
In 200 Words: Flight and Fancy: Masculine Industrialism Meets Feminism in Revolt
Flight and Fancy: Masculine Industrialism Meets Feminism in Revolt The power and fury of...
- by Sarah Kellner - Posted September 19, 2013
In 200 Words: Hidden Away, the Library at Night, at DeKalb County Public Library
Hidden Away, the Library at Night “The core reason was beauty. Walking was a...
- by Karley Sullivan - Posted September 12, 2013
In 200 Words: Bruce Monro’s Light at Nashville’s Cheekwood
British artist Bruce Munro’s latest installation, Light, intersects manicured hills and Seuss shaped hedges...
- by Alyssa Rabun - Posted August 22, 2013
In 200 Words: Vik Muniz at Nashville’s Frist Center
Throughout his photographic career, Vik Muniz has long established alternate ways of creating images...
- by M Kelley - Posted August 22, 2013
In 200 Words: Teen Team’s Intersection X at High Museum
Tucked away in the Ann Cox Chambers Wing of the High Museum is Intersection...
- by Susannah Darrow - Posted August 1, 2013
In 200 Words: Yarn Bombing, Larry Jens Anderson at Kai Lin, Ronald Nuse at Callanwolde, Mimi Hart Silver at Whitespace
It Takes A Village: Yarn BOMB! at the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art This proverb,...
- by BURNAWAY Staff - Posted July 25, 2013