- Design Underdogs Celebrated at MODA
- Forward Arts’ Emerging Artist Award Goes To Amandine Drouet
- Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
- What Makes a Home? Jessica Caldas & Aubrey Longley-Cook
- The Spirit Called: Danny Simmons in Jackson, Mississippi
- Permanent Residents: James Turrell in Nashville
- Studio Visit: Paul Stephen Benjamin
- SCAD Considers the Future of Urban Living with SCADpads
- The Many Ways of Vinyl: Kevin Cooley and Phillip Andrew Lewis
- Temme Barkin-Leeds Takes Aim at Shooter Games in New Paintings
In a neat conjunction of solo shows at Get This Gallery , Tommy Nease...
The show “Two Houses,” at the Chastain Arts Center through April 17, is an exploration...
“I Dreamed My People Were Calling but I Couldn’t Find My Way Home” at Jackson State...
More Reviews News
The Many Ways of Vinyl: Kevin Cooley and Phillip Andrew Lewis
For the latest exhibition at Nashville’s Zeitgeist Gallery, multimedia artists Kevin Cooley and Phillip...
- by Sara Estes - Posted April 8, 2014
Temme Barkin-Leeds Takes Aim at Shooter Games in New Paintings
For avid gamers, Battlefield 3 is one of the most popular and visceral interactive...
- by Jeff Stafford - Posted April 7, 2014
In 200 Words: Medford Johnston at Sandler Hudson and the High
Let’s pretend for a moment we are approaching the paintings of Medford Johnston at...
- by Brendan Carroll - Posted April 1, 2014
Zuckerman’s Inaugural Shows Break Down Historical Barriers
Despite a censorship hiccup that garnered national attention, the Zuckerman Museum of Art (ZMA)...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted March 31, 2014
“Health is a Human Right” That Many Are Denied, at the CDC Musuem
“Health is a Human Right: Race and Place in America” at the David J....
- by Daryl White - Posted March 24, 2014
Forms of Abstraction: Eric Mack & Ashlynn Browning at Whitespace
Eric Mack and Ashlynn Browning come at abstraction from different angles. The exhibition “Surfaces...
- by Tom Berlangero - Posted March 21, 2014
A Sports Sociologist Assesses “SCORE: Artists in Overtime”
Ever since learning about the “SCORE: Artists in Overtime” exhibition at the Museum...
- by Mary G. McDonald - Posted March 19, 2014
“Art Interrupted” Recreates Censored Modernist Exhibition
An exhibition at the Georgia Museum of Art in Athens recreates a highly controversial traveling...
- by Sally Hansell - Posted March 17, 2014
Renée Stout’s Three Rs: Rootwork, Religion, and Recovery
“Nobody knows for sure how many thousands in America are warmed by the fire...
- by Ed Hall - Posted March 13, 2014
Abelardo Morell: Beyond Fascination at the High Museum
What we at first find ordinary can become fascinating if we choose to turn...
- by Bryan K. Alexander - Posted March 10, 2014