- Footnotes of War: Steve Mumford’s War Journals at the Frist
- High Museum Donors Give $4 Million for Photography
- Studio Visit: Craig Dongoski
- In 200 Words: Barbara Campbell Thomas at Schulman Project
- Julie Mehretu: The Contemporary Sublime
- BURNAWAY Receives NEA Grant!
- Artadia Awards to Atlanta Artists
- Studio Visit: Ben Steele
- Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
- Design Underdogs Celebrated at MODA
Steve Mumford’s War Journals, 2003-2013, on view at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts in...
How “authentic” should our wilderness encounters be? Are we helping, hurting, or just fooling ourselves when...
Like an aerial view of a city or a Gee’s Bend quilt, the new paintings of...
More Reviews News
Micah and Whitney Stansell Cast a Spell at Whitespace
“Scarlet Air: Works by Micah & Whitney Stansell,” on view at Whitespace gallery through...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted April 16, 2014
Stephanie Dowda and Tommy Nease at Get This Gallery
In a neat conjunction of solo shows at Get This Gallery ,...
- by Tom Berlangero - Posted April 14, 2014
What Makes a Home? Jessica Caldas & Aubrey Longley-Cook
The show “Two Houses,” at the Chastain Arts Center through April 17, is...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted April 10, 2014
The Spirit Called: Danny Simmons in Jackson, Mississippi
“I Dreamed My People Were Calling but I Couldn’t Find My Way Home” at...
- by Kimberly Jacobs - Posted April 10, 2014
The Many Ways of Vinyl: Kevin Cooley and Phillip Andrew Lewis
For the latest exhibition at Nashville’s Zeitgeist Gallery, multimedia artists Kevin Cooley and Phillip...
- by Sara Estes - Posted April 8, 2014
Temme Barkin-Leeds Takes Aim at Shooter Games in New Paintings
For avid gamers, Battlefield 3 is one of the most popular and visceral interactive...
- by Jeff Stafford - Posted April 7, 2014
In 200 Words: Medford Johnston at Sandler Hudson and the High
Let’s pretend for a moment we are approaching the paintings of Medford Johnston at...
- by Brendan Carroll - Posted April 1, 2014
Zuckerman’s Inaugural Shows Break Down Historical Barriers
Despite a censorship hiccup that garnered national attention, the Zuckerman Museum of Art (ZMA)...
- by Sherri Caudell - Posted March 31, 2014
“Health is a Human Right” That Many Are Denied, at the CDC Musuem
“Health is a Human Right: Race and Place in America” at the David J....
- by Daryl White - Posted March 24, 2014
Forms of Abstraction: Eric Mack & Ashlynn Browning at Whitespace
Eric Mack and Ashlynn Browning come at abstraction from different angles. The exhibition “Surfaces...
- by Tom Berlangero - Posted March 21, 2014
A Sports Sociologist Assesses “SCORE: Artists in Overtime”
Ever since learning about the “SCORE: Artists in Overtime” exhibition at the Museum...
- by Mary G. McDonald - Posted March 19, 2014
“Art Interrupted” Recreates Censored Modernist Exhibition
An exhibition at the Georgia Museum of Art in Athens recreates a highly controversial traveling...
- by Sally Hansell - Posted March 17, 2014