- Leo Twiggs at Greenville County Museum of Art & Hampton III Gallery
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY at DBF / Lilly Lampe and Suzanne Mozes
- Artworks Engage Architecture at Virginia Tech’s Moss Arts Center
- Sherrick & Paul Gallery Opens in Nashville
- Sublime Sound: Janet Cardiff at the High
- Q&A: Gregory Green Talks to Budd Dees
- Jiha Moon To Represent Georgia in National Survey
- VIDEO: BURNAWAY’s Susannah Darrow at Emory University
- “Ebony Fashion Fair” Brought Haute Couture to African Americans
- Deadline is Friday for Emerging Art Writers Mentorship!
This essay is presented in partnership with Temporary Art Review, a platform for contemporary art criticism that focuses...
The Moss Arts Center at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University just celebrated its one-year anniversary...
“Inspiring Beauty: 50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair,” on view at the Museum of Design Atlanta...
More Reviews News
Friends and Family: Chris Verene & Carl Martin at Opal Gallery
One of the great enigmas of contemporary photography is our tendency as an educated...
- by Brett Levine - Posted November 14, 2014
Creolized, Globalized: Richard Sexton at Whitespace
A show with a title like Richard Sexton’s “Creole World,” at Whitespace through November...
- by Jerry Cullum - Posted November 12, 2014
Take 1: “State of the Art” Rewards Careful Looking
On September 11, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas, hosted a reception...
- by Brad Cushman - Posted November 10, 2014
Review: Claire Rosen and Guillermo Srodek-Hart at Hagedorn
What struck me as I visited Hagedorn Foundation Gallery’s exhibition of photographers Claire Rosen and...
- by Annabella Jean-Laurent - Posted November 6, 2014
Life Goes On in Photos by John E. Ramspott at Stan McCollum
John E. Ramspott’s “Not My Enemy: Photographs from Pakistan, Cambodia, and East Ukraine,” at...
- by Jerry Cullum - Posted November 5, 2014
Looking at Language in “Beyond the Vernacular,” at Mammal Gallery
Can you write a sentence without using texting language? Can people still have face-to-face...
- by Yves Jeffcoat - Posted November 3, 2014