- In 200 Words: R. Eric McMaster at Antenna Gallery, New Orleans
- Bookshelf: Making Pictures That Take You Places
- Through Alien Eyes: P. Seth Thompson at Sandler Hudson
- Review: Fahamu Pecou at Lyons Wier in NYC
- Bojana Ginn Among Winners of Tanne Foundation Awards
- IN PRINT: On Sherman and Creative Destruction in Atlanta
- Watkins College Faculty Shows Its Stuff in Nashville
- Sonya Clark Wins $10K 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art
- The Slick and the Textural: A Range of Artists’ Books in St. Augustine
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY at DBF
500 Mile Radius
In his exhibition “An Imperfect Force” at Antenna Gallery, R. Eric McMaster—the winner of Press Street’s...
This October, two book projects and an exhibition are coming to fruition, and all involve artist,...
Four Southern artists are among the eight recipients of the 2014 Tanne Foundation Awards. The awards...
More 500 Mile Radius News
Watkins College Faculty Shows Its Stuff in Nashville
Watkins College of Art, Design & Film is an important player in Nashville’s visual arts scene....
- by Joe Nolan - Posted September 23, 2014
Sonya Clark Wins $10K 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art
Sonya Clark has won the 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art, given by the...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted September 23, 2014
The Slick and the Textural: A Range of Artists’ Books in St. Augustine
“Dear Diary…” has been the start of many a naive confession to private pages....
- by Lily Kuonen - Posted September 22, 2014
Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
The Hunter Invitational III, at Chattanooga’s Hunter Museum of American Art, presents eight contemporary...
- by Orion Wertz - Posted September 16, 2014
“Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
When the Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) announced its exhibition “Mark of the Feminine,” a...
- by Rebecca Lee Reynolds - Posted September 12, 2014
Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
Opening to the public on Saturday, “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges in...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted September 11, 2014
The Inaugural Florida Prize in Contemporary Art, in Orlando
The Florida Prize in Contemporary Art is a new $20,000 award with an accompanying...
- by Danny Olda - Posted August 28, 2014
“Second Life” and the Taxidermic Gaze, in Louisville
The group exhibition “Second Life,”explores the use of animal imagery in contemporary art. On...
- by Joshua Hamilton - Posted August 21, 2014