- Traces of the Past: The Atlanta Negro Building and the Origins of the Harlem Renaissance
- In the Know: What to Expect From Artist Residencies
- Chattanooga’s Hunter Invitational Focuses on Eight From the Region
- Fay Gold Puts Art First, Closes Gallery
- Three Critics Selected to Visit ATL and NOLA
- “Mark of the Feminine” Misses Its Mark, at the New Orleans CAC
- Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
- Lauren Ross Named Curator of ICA at VCU, Richmond
- Artists on Art—Mike Calway-Fagen: The Way of the Gun
- Talking Heads: Curtis Ames, Andrew Boatright & Kojo Griffin
500 Mile Radius
The Hunter Invitational III, at Chattanooga’s Hunter Museum of American Art, presents eight contemporary artists from...
BURNAWAY and Pelican Bomb, an online art magazine based in New Orleans, have selected the three...
When the Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) announced its exhibition “Mark of the Feminine,” a colleague asked...
More 500 Mile Radius News
Sneak Peek of “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges
Opening to the public on Saturday, “State of the Art” at Crystal Bridges in...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted September 11, 2014
The Inaugural Florida Prize in Contemporary Art, in Orlando
The Florida Prize in Contemporary Art is a new $20,000 award with an accompanying...
- by Danny Olda - Posted August 28, 2014
“Second Life” and the Taxidermic Gaze, in Louisville
The group exhibition “Second Life,”explores the use of animal imagery in contemporary art. On...
- by Joshua Hamilton - Posted August 21, 2014
Identity Concealed in Paint: Carrie Moyer at SCAD Museum
Viewers who already know Carrie Moyer’s body of work will find the exhibition “Carrie...
- by Yves Jeffcoat - Posted August 19, 2014
Who’s In the Crystal Bridges survey “State of the Art”?
Updated: 9/9/14, 7:33 pm In an unusual PR strategy, the names of artists selected for...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted August 8, 2014
Howard Finster’s Paradise Garden Continues to Thrive
On a recent sunny afternoon, I drove about two hours northwest of Atlanta with...
- by Linnea West - Posted August 8, 2014