- Attention Artists: 2015 Hudgens Prize Competition About to Open
- Studio Visit: S. Patricia Patterson
- The High Receives $2.5 Million For Folk Art
- The Inaugural Florida Prize in Contemporary Art, in Orlando
- Is Feminism a Dirty Word in Art?
- Hot Off the Press! BURNAWAY #2
- Art as Books, Books as Art
- Mason Murer Is Moving, Promises Better Parking
- “Art Is A Context Sport”: Q&A with Pastiche Lumumba
- “Second Life” and the Taxidermic Gaze, in Louisville
500 Mile Radius
The Florida Prize in Contemporary Art is a new $20,000 award with an accompanying exhibition at...
The group exhibition “Second Life,”explores the use of animal imagery in contemporary art. On view at...
Viewers who already know Carrie Moyer’s body of work will find the exhibition “Carrie Moyer: Pirate...
More 500 Mile Radius News
Who’s In the Crystal Bridges survey “State of the Art”?
Updated: 8/27/14, 12:41pm In an unusual PR strategy, the names of artists selected for...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted August 8, 2014
Howard Finster’s Paradise Garden Continues to Thrive
On a recent sunny afternoon, I drove about two hours northwest of Atlanta with...
- by Linnea West - Posted August 8, 2014
Chicken Town: Cathy McLaurin at the Power Plant in Durham
Cathy McLaurin grew up in Silk Hope, a small community near Siler City, North...
- by Shana Dumont Garr - Posted July 31, 2014
In 200 Words: Paul McLean at David Lusk in Nashville
Paul McLean’s solo exhibition “Code Duello, Old Hick, & A Big Bang” brings the...
- by M Kelley - Posted July 25, 2014