- Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
- Blake Beckham of the Lucky Penny Premieres Dearly Departures
- Flux Night Scores with Nato Thompson
- From the Editor’s Desk: On Conflicts of Interest and Glass Houses
- WonderRoot CSAs Grow Atlanta Art
- Adrienne Outlaw’s Sweet Demise
- Pre-Pong to Halo: New Film Traces the History of Video Games
- Bernd Oppl’s Surreal Interiors Come Alive, in Athens
- Q&A with South African Artist Sam Nhlengethwa
- 2014-15 Working Artist Fellows Announced at MOCA GA
500 Mile Radius
In the mid-20th century, central Kentucky experienced a renaissance when a prominent milieu of artists, writers,...
South African artist Sam Nhlengethwa (b. 1955) had his first U.S. museum show, “Life, Jazz and...
Having enough space is a critical issue for most artists, especially for those scraping it out...
More 500 Mile Radius News
A New Generation of Chinese Art Visits Tampa and St. Petersburg
“My Generation,” critic, writer, curator and journalist Barbara Pollack’s expansive exhibition at the Tampa...
- by Lilly Wei - Posted July 10, 2014
Miranda Lash Heading to Louisville’s Speed Art Museum
Miranda Lash has been hired as curator of contemporary art at the Speed Art...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted July 4, 2014
“Dirt Altar” Explores Iconophilia, in Jacksonville
The allure and ubiquity of religious signifiers are explored and interrogated in the exhibition...
- by Daniel A. Brown - Posted July 2, 2014
Abstract Acts of Resistance at F.L.A. Gallery in Gainesville
In the midst of a peaceful demonstration on the campus of UC-Davis in 2011,...
- by Jill Frank - Posted June 23, 2014