- Chicken Town: Cathy McLaurin at the Power Plant in Durham
- Studio Visit: Nikita Gale, on Loving and Leaving
- AUDIO: What’s NEXT for Faith Carmichael and the National Black Arts Festival?
- Ann Stewart and Steven Millar Offer Quiet Surprises in Bushwick
- The Many Faces of A Queen
- JEMA Museum-en-Valise Travels to Ft. Myers
- Q&A with the Incandescent Molly Rose Freeman
- Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
- Blake Beckham of the Lucky Penny Premieres Dearly Departures
- Flux Night Scores with Nato Thompson
500 Mile Radius
Cathy McLaurin grew up in Silk Hope, a small community near Siler City, North Carolina. Her...
Paul McLean’s solo exhibition “Code Duello, Old Hick, & A Big Bang” brings the Brooklyn-based artist...
Eleven years ago, Sean Miller held an opening reception for the John Erickson Museum of Art’s...
More 500 Mile Radius News
Meatyard’s Photos of Merton, at Institute 193 in Lexington
In the mid-20th century, central Kentucky experienced a renaissance when a prominent milieu of...
- by Eileen Yanoviak - Posted July 22, 2014
Habersham Mills Brings High Art to the Hinterlands (well, Demorest)
Having enough space is a critical issue for most artists, especially for those scraping...
- by Karen Tauches - Posted July 12, 2014
A New Generation of Chinese Art Visits Tampa and St. Petersburg
“My Generation,” critic, writer, curator and journalist Barbara Pollack’s expansive exhibition at the Tampa...
- by Lilly Wei - Posted July 10, 2014
Miranda Lash Heading to Louisville’s Speed Art Museum
Miranda Lash has been hired as curator of contemporary art at the Speed Art...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted July 4, 2014
“Dirt Altar” Explores Iconophilia, in Jacksonville
The allure and ubiquity of religious signifiers are explored and interrogated in the exhibition...
- by Daniel A. Brown - Posted July 2, 2014