- Martha Whittington Wins $10k Herradura Contest
- Theory in Studio: The Archive as Expressive Form
- Studio Visit: Carolyn Carr
- The Book Behind Prospect.3
- Paint, Process & Poetry: Mary Addison Hackett at David Lusk in Nashville
- New Curator for New Orleans CAC
- Countdown to Prospect.3 in New Orleans
- Two Nonprofit Galleries Publish for Posterity
- AUDIO: BURNAWAY AT DBF / Hez Stalcup & Sean Hilton
- “Get Real” Examines Contemporary Realist Painting, at MOCA Jacksonville
500 Mile Radius
It was a blue-sky day as I was driving along Bayou St. John and City Park...
Mary Addison Hackett‘s show “Crazy Eyes,” on view through November 8 at David Lusk Gallery in...
Andrea Andersson has been appointed chief curator of visual arts at the Contemporary Arts Center in New...
More 500 Mile Radius News
NYC’s A.I.R. Gallery Appears at Nashville’s Ground Floor Gallery
Anyone questioning Nashville’s contemporary art chops would do well to check out “A.I.R. ReFreshed”...
- by Erica Ciccarone - Posted October 8, 2014
The Sound of Shredders: David Colagiovanni in Raleigh
Walking into Lump’s 19th season opener, David Colagiovanni’s The Shredder Sessions, viewers entered a...
- by Kellie Bornhoft - Posted October 8, 2014
In 200 Words: R. Eric McMaster at Antenna Gallery, New Orleans
In his exhibition “An Imperfect Force” at Antenna Gallery, R. Eric McMaster—the winner of...
- by Charlie Tatum - Posted September 29, 2014
Bojana Ginn Among Winners of Tanne Foundation Awards
Four Southern artists are among the eight recipients of the 2014 Tanne Foundation Awards....
- by BURNAWAY Staff - Posted September 24, 2014
Watkins College Faculty Shows Its Stuff in Nashville
Watkins College of Art, Design & Film is an important player in Nashville’s visual arts scene....
- by Joe Nolan - Posted September 23, 2014
Sonya Clark Wins $10K 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art
Sonya Clark has won the 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art, given by the...
- by Stephanie Cash - Posted September 23, 2014