- Sumptuary Series To Test “Pass the Bucket” Economic Model for Art
- Opinion: A Former University President on the History of Art Censorship
- UPDATED: ACAC Managing Director Stepping Down
- UPDATED: KSU Agrees to Reinstate Censored Artwork; Artist Ruth Stanford Will Decide
- Vermeer in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction
- Bodies at Play, Bodies at Work: Bob Trotman and Jody Zellen
- Zuckerman Museum Celebrates as KSU Takes Heat for Censorship
- UPDATED: KSU Censors Art as the Zuckerman Museum Prepares to Open
- Permanent Residents: The Phoenix at Five Points
- In 200 Words: Aimée Beaubien at Twin Kittens
500 Mile Radius
The basic challenge of life is dealing with the fact that we have—or are—bodies. Art meets...
The Savannah College of Art and Design’s deFINE ART festival, which took place Feb. 18-22, kicked...
Christmas tree contests? Apple competitions? These are a few of the subjects addressed in a new...
More 500 Mile Radius News
Regina Rex’s Group Think: Brooklyn Collective at UGA’s Gallery 307
Regina Rex is an exhibition space run by 12 artists in the Bushwick neighborhood...
- by Linnea West - Posted February 18, 2014
A Brief-and-to-the-Point Conversation with Sam Messer on His Collaboration with Jonathan Safran Foer
Sam Messer, artist and associate dean of the Yale University School of Art often...
- by Katie Geha - Posted February 13, 2014
We Are Family: Our Shared Past Evokes Collective Memory
Familial ties, the pull...
- by Daniel A. Brown - Posted January 7, 2014
Psyche in the Bedroom: The Paintings of Karen Ann Myers
The bedroom is a hallowed, shrine-like environment for the women in Karen Ann...
- by Ivy Williams - Posted November 26, 2013
Out There Atlanta: Bill Thelen of Lump Gallery, Raleigh
While traveling this summer we met a few people working with curatorial and exhibition...
- by Lilly Lampe - Posted October 30, 2013
In 200 Words: Leslie Wayne at J. Johnson Gallery, Jacksonville Beach, FL
J. Johnson Gallery in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, stands just about a block from the...
- by Lily Kuonen - Posted October 29, 2013
Our Front Porch: A Place for Art, Talk in Little Rock
The idea for BURNAWAY originated from a front-porch conversation about the need for more dialogue...
- by Haynes Riley - Posted October 25, 2013
Yarn Bombs, Love, and Affection at the Arkansas Arts Center
“A loop after a loop. Hour after hour my madness becomes crochet. Life and art...
- by Elaine Slayton Akin - Posted October 24, 2013
Good Weather, Garland House Draw Artists to Little Rock
All over the United States, museums and commercial galleries seem to be receding in...
- by Sarah Leflar - Posted October 23, 2013