We are currently seeking the talents of:
- 1) A Designer to help maintain and beautify our site.
2) New Writers to help report on visual arts in Atlanta.
The Designer will:
- – design graphics for use on the homepage
– help manage site features and streamline WordPress themes
– develop images for use in articles and columns
- – seek out art exhibitions and visual art events worthy of review
– write two to three articles per month, including one 400-800-word review
– interview local artists and obtain images for use in reviews (either by snapping exhibition photographs or by requesting images directly)
– follow up by notifying artists and galleries that their work has been reviewed
While we aren’t yet able to offer our writers monetary compensation, Burn Away staff will gain valuable experience and networking opportunities in Atlanta’s creative communities. And remember: this is also an opportunity to express yourself and investigate new ideas in a public forum.
(Students will be eligible for internship credits.)
For more information, please send two samples of previous work, your resume or CV, and a two or three sentence description of the last art show or exhibition you attended to:
While things in Atlanta may seem to continue without the drama of Big News, we know better. Like Daddy always said: make your own damn fireworks.
Above: Gustav Klimt interprets Hygieia, the Greek goddess of health. The full painting, titled Medicine, was destroyed in a fire set by the Nazis during a 1945 skirmish.