A handful of Atlantans will be honored on January 22 by the Emory College Center for Creativity & Arts (CCA) with its sixth annual Creativity & Arts Awards.
Top honors go to Kenny Blank, executive director of the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival, who will receive the Arts Advocate Award.
Veronica Kessenich, executive director of the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, will receive the CCA Community Impact Award for the Contemporary’s shift to free admission, which has increased audience attendance and diversity.
Other awards given for significant artistic and administrative contributions to the arts in metro Atlanta will be presented to:
- Saskia Benjamin, Art Papers
- Carolyn Cook, “Blackberry Winter,” Theater
- Jan Akers, Theater Emory
- Randy Fullerton, Emory faculty
- Ryan Sutherland, Emory student and STIPE Scholar
- Barbara Hund, Friends of Emory Music
- Biviana France, Feel Beautiful Today (Winship Cancer Center)
- Whitney Wharton, Emory Alzheimer’s Disease Center
The awards ceremony is open to the public, but reservations are required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat for this event. For more information, visit the CCA website at or call 404-727-1687.